Hours: Permanent, Part-Time (30 hours per week)
CCS Disability Action's vision is to see every disabled person included in the life of their family and community.
We have been working with disabled people and their families since 1935 and are now at the forefront of service provision, advocacy and information sharing in disability sector New Zealand-wide. Our people are professional, innovative, dedicated and knowledgeable. We hold ourselves to the highest possible ethical standards and are known for our partnership approach to support.
Job specific information
This role offers you an exciting opportunity to use and develop your service coordination skills within the Otago/Clutha Community. Our work is undertaken alongside disabled people, their family/whanau, and develops individuals needs in a person directed, creative way that satisfies individual’s needs.
We work within a Human Rights framework and are an EEO employer meaning we make accommodation and openly encourage people with lived experience of disability to apply.
To be appointed the successful candidate will have:
- An understanding of working with Families, Youth and Adult and the ways to support people to continue to grow and develop
- Working knowledge of the Social Model of Disability, including person directed planning and community development practices.
- A strong commitment to providing quality support and outcomes to disabled people and their families.
- A strong commitment to positive action and diversity in the disability sector
- A willingness to be flexible and seek opportunities to work in innovative ways
- Be a person that looks for opportunities to develop and maintain community connections and networks with a focus on supporting the community towards greater inclusion for all people
- Have experience working with disabled people would be a distinct advantage
How to apply
Please contact our Business Support team (03) 365 5661 or email Southern.Recruitment@ccsDisabilityAction.org.nz for a hard copy application pack.
We are committed to ensuring our application process is accessible to everyone, please let us know if you require an alternative method of application.
CCS Disability Action builds our work around three core documents; UN Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the New Zealand Disability Strategy. We work within a Human Rights framework and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. We welcome enquiries from everyone and we openly encourage people with lived experience to apply.
Applications Close: 5pm, Monday 26th September 2022