Here’s some important information about the Families Package from MSD
The most important thing to understand is that if you are an MSD client on a benefit, or if you are a Senior - you don't have to do anything to receive the support you qualify for. It will be an automatic payment.
The Families Package provides targeted income support for New Zealand families,also although some parts of the package will benefit single people and people without children.
1. A new Winter Energy Payment is being introduced to help older people and people on a benefit heat their homes over winter.
2. There’s a new Best Start payment for families with a baby born (or due) on or after 1 July 2018 of $60 a week until their first birthday – and up to age three for lower-income families.
3. The Working for Families Family Tax Credit payments are increasing
4. The Independent Earner Tax Credit continues.
5. There are increases to the Accommodation Supplement and Accommodation Benefit.
There is a simple calculator on the Working for Families website as well as full details of the payments. For more information, please visit: www.workandincome.govt.nz/about-wor…/…/families-package.html